September 7, 2012

52 weeks of untrieds: Essie Mint Candy Apple

52 Weeks of Untrieds banner

This is one that's been knocking around my nail polish drawers for a while. I'm such a sucker for this particular colour family, even though it's not the best match for my skin tone.

Essie Mint Candy Apple


Essie Mint Candy Apple 2
Essie- Mint Candy Apple

Some serious colour correction was needed to try and fix the redness in my skin. This polish does enhance the redness on my skin tone, but I think the lighting in these pics really brought out the red something terrible. The first photo of the two really doesn't show the colour of the polish very true to form, the second pic is much, much closer to the real thing. My application on this one was also... umm... creative? I managed to pretty much get it everywhere.

Mint Candy Apple is from Essie's Winter 2009 collection. It's a pretty almost robin's egg blue with aqua leanings. Application is smooth, requiring either three thin coats or two slightly thicker coats. Wear on this was absolutely exceptional - it was a good three days before I had any visible chips or tip wear, which is just unheard of for me.

Essie polishes are available from Myer in Australia, along with a multitude of stockists worldwide. If you can find Mint Candy Apple I highly recommend snaffling it!

with love, redambition xx

No comments:

Post a Comment